Nikon has announced the D3X Cameras, its latest high-resolution professional DSLR. Sporting an imaging sensor with double the number of photography of the popular D3, the 24.5 megapixels digital cameras D3x includes similar features such as a 3.0", 920,000 dot LCD monitors with Live View, 51-point autofocus, EXPEED image processing and HDMI output. To keep up with the demands of stock photography the cameras produces 50MB 14-bit RAW files that can be processed to produce 140MB TIFFs. It also supports Nikon’s wireless system and is compatible with Nikon’s new GP-1 GPS unit.
“This is the cameras that many professional photographers have been waiting for,” said Robert Cristina, Manager Professional Products and NPS at Nikon Europe. “Just as the D3 has become the professionals’ cameras of choice in sports photography, the D3X’s extremely high imaging camera resolution will raise the bar for commercial, fashion and stock photography. The results speak for themselves this is without doubt our highest quality cameras to date.”
Images with the X Factor:
The D3X reaps the benefits of the very latest developments in sensor design and image processing technology. Designed to produce files suitable to meet the demands of tomorrow’s commercial and stock requirements, the cameras produces 50MB 14-bit NEF (Raw) files. Using Capture NX2 software, NEF files can be processed into medium format terrain; 140MB (16-bit TIFF-RGB). Fine details are reproduced with incredible clarity, whilst shadows and highlights contain tonal gradation with minimal clipping for pictures with a unique look and feel.
* Exceptional noise control from ISO 100 to ISO 1600.
* Fast 14-bit A/D conversion incorporated onto the image sensor for high signal-to-noise ratio and low power consumption.
* Nikon’s EXPEED image-processing system, utilizing a supremely powerful CPU with 16-bit image processing.
* Near-instantaneous shutter release time lag of approx. 0.04 second (based on CIPA Guideline).
* 5-frames-per-second continuous shooting in FX format and 7 fps in DX crop mode (up to 130 frames).
* 51-point Multi-CAM3500FX autofocus system.
* Scene Recognition System for more accurate AF, AE, and AWB results.
* Active D-Lighting for complete control over highlight and shadow detail.
* Picture Control: Standard, Vivid, Neutral and Monochrome (Landscape, Portrait and D2x Modes I, II and III are available free via download).
* Live View mode for shooting handheld and with a tripod.
* High camera resolution (approx. 920k dots), 3-inch VGA-size LCD monitors with tempered glass.
* Durable, lightweight magnesium-alloy construction and comprehensive weather sealing against dust and moisture.
* Intelligent power management that lets you shoot up to approx. 4,400 frames on a single battery charge (based on CIPA Standards).
* Compatibility with the Nikon Total Imaging System in 12-bit A/D conversion mode.